Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Soup of the Day!

As most of you are aware, my greatest achievement after joining a ladies cell and working full-time in SIB is learning how to cook.. to be more specific actually is only how to boil soup. Ha! ha!
For those of you who have tasted my soup, do you know you are so blessed because Mike hasn't tried any of them yet. Need to practise more first before I can present on my home's dinner table.
Yesterday, I made ABC soup and for those of you who are interested, here is my recepi (about 10 serving)

2pcs of Chicken bones (the one with some meat on it)
4 carrots, 4 big onions, 6 medium sized potatoes, 2 big tomatoes in 4 litres of water
add about 20 white pepper seeds (crush them before putting in)
That was my lunch and dinner.

Thought of the day: YA Zone Prayer meeting.
It has always been my struggle to pray. I guess there is still this fear of am I praying it right. Will I have enough words or even my question of the day "How do I prepare myself for prayer meeting?"
God is good and I believe He is. We were reminded in NewLife class that prayer is connecting with God. At the very begining of the prayer meeting when we sang "Kau, yang terutama", my tears just flow and God affirms me that prayer is not us trying to connect with Him but that He wants to connect with us. Wow! It then reminds me that God is always pro-active. He loves us and demonstrated His fatherly love knowing that we don't have "perfect" fathers. When God calls us into His family, He gave us the right to call Him our Father. All we need is to come to Him and He will journey with us. Things around us might not change immediately but our relationship with our Heavenly Father has.
Would you accept His invitation?

5 comments:

HOONIE said...

wah.. when do i get to taste your soup? looks yummy.. i like to read blogs and i am happy you have one now! happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

is there soup for me tonight? :D

Stefanie said...

hey jenny! cool blog :) n looks like yummy soup too. one day invite us to drink ok? hehe..

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Jen! I will always remember the soup.... thanks loads :-)

Jenny Toh said...

Thanks gals for loving my soup. Stef, let's organise a soup party and I believ J would love it....